About Pandemic Prowling: In this series, Pandemic Prowling, I share stories about my travels across 4 continents (Asia, N. America, S. America, Africa) amidst the outbreak of Covid19.
Onward to Chile?
Below are my personal notes of The Science of Getting Rich. These highlights were what I used to write my personal development book, Wiser Next Week, a condensation of many different self improvement books.
The Right to Be Rich
- A man’s highest happiness is found in the bestowal of benefits on those he loves
- You can render to god and humanity no greater service than to make the most of yourself
- There is abundance of opportunity for the man who will go with the tide instead of trying to swim against it.
The 1st Principle
- To think health when surrounded by the appearance of disease, or to think riches in the midst of appearances of poverty requires power, but he who acquires this power becomes a mastermind
- He conquers fate, he can have what he wants.
- There is one thinking substance, from which all things are made
- You don’t have to covet the property of others or to look at it with wishful eyes no man can have anything you cannot. And it can be obtained without taking away what he has.
- You become a creator, not a competitor. You get what you want and at the same time others have more than they did before
- Riches come from giving others more in use value than you take from them in cash value, by doing so you add to the life of the world by every business transaction
- The mental attitude of gratitude draws the mind into closer touch with the source from which the blessings come
- The good things you already have come to you along the lines of obedience to certain laws.
- Gratitude fixes your attention on the best which surrounds you with the best. What we focus on expands, therefore with gratitude the good in our life increases.
- Therefore it is necessary, then, to cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, to give thanks continuously.
- Do not talk about poverty, do not investigate it or concern yourself with it. Never mind the causes, you have nothing to do with them
- The poor do not need charity, they need inspiration. Charity only gives them a loaf of bread to keep them alive in their wretchedness, but inspiration will cause them to rise out of their misery
Acting the Rich Way
- You can only get what is yours by giving the other man what is his first
- Thought and personal action must be combined
- By thought, the thing you want is brought to you, by action you receive it
- Hold to the one vision of what you want and act now
What Motivates People
- All human activities are based on increase and the desire for increase.
- People seek: more food, more clothes, better shelter, more luxury, more beauty, more knowledge, more pleasure
- Convey the impression of advancement with everything you do, so that all people shall receive the impression that you are an advancing man and that you advance all whom deal with you.
- You convey this impression of advancement with everything you do and by holding the unshakeable faith that you are in a way of increase. Let this faith inspire, fill and permeate every action.
- Do everything that you do in the firm conviction that you are an advancing personality and that you are giving advancement to everybody
- People will go where they are given increase
If these brief notes peaked your interest in The Science of Getting Rich, you can check it out on Amazon here.
And be sure to check out my book, Wiser Next Week.
All Previous Entries: