About Pandemic Prowling: In this series, Pandemic Prowling, I share stories about my travels across 4 continents (Asia, N. America, S. America, Africa) amidst the outbreak of Covid19.
Onward to Chile?
Below are my personal notes of As A Man Thinketh. These highlights were what I used to write my personal development book, Wiser Next Week, a condensation of many different self improvement books
- What is our experience of life, but the sum total of our thoughts over time? We literally are our thoughts
- You are the master of your own mind, the author of your own character, and thus the maker of your own destiny
- Character is simply the sum of our thoughts. And character manifests itself in our environment and through our circumstances. So, the outer condition of your life is always a reflection of your inner state
- We are responsible for where we are. Who we are has brought us here
- Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts, bad fruit
- Suffering is to teach, strengthen and purify
- You cannot directly choose your circumstances, but by changing your thoughts, you can indirectly reshape your circumstances
- Circumstances do not shape us so much as they reveal us
- Lasting success cannot be built on the backs of discontented, disloyal, overworked, underproductive employees
- Diet and exercise begin in the mind. What will you eat? How will you move your body? Your dominant thoughts determine the answers
- There is no better medicine than cheerful thought for curing and preventing bodily ills
- Concentrate on doing your job as well as you can, however insignificant it may seem
- This will develop and expand your ability to take on greater goals in the future
- Those who give little accomplish little, those who give much accomplish much, those who give the most become the greatest
- The ignorant, seeing only the outward results and not the internal processes behind them, chalk up everything to chance and fate
- They don’t see the struggles, they only see the success
- The vision that you hold in your mind, the ideal that you cherish in your heart, this you will build your life by, and this you will become
If these brief notes, peaked your interest in As A Man Thinketh , you can check it out on Amazon here.
And be sure to check out my book, Wiser Next Week.
All Previous Entries: